Under the direction of the ECE site director and the Lead Teacher, act as an assistant classroom teacher assisting in the curriculum design and its implementation with the goal of developing a nurturing environment for all children where positive self-image is realized in each child.
- Greet children and parents warmly with professional language and tone daily, with no parent or child excluded.
- Establish clear discipline standards/classroom rules consistent with VHFLC philosophy, which once in place will ensure the health and safety of the children.
- Notify the ECE site Director or School Age manager when expected children do not arrive or when a child is injured.
- Coordinate snacks, lunchtimes or naps into daily activities when appropriate.
- Share responsibilities of classroom/project set up and clean up.
- Participate in parent conferences or discussions as needed.
- School-Age only – Verify attendance with a phone call, if unable to verify, then contact Main Office.
- Attend meetings.
- Complete required reports such as incident, injury or medicine dosage.
- Post all current lesson plans and parent information.
- One year of experience preferred, working with children as a caregiver or instructor.
- Interest in obtaining further training or development as required by the center and the Child Care Division.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement during emergency/crisis situations
- Professionally dress in a manner compatible with the assigned position.
- Good oral and written communication skills necessary for curriculum development and effective interaction with parents.
- All current state regulations met or in process of completing.