Under the direction of the ECE site director, act as a classroom teacher assisting in the curriculum design and its implementation with the goal of developing a nurturing environment for all children where positive self-image is realized in each child.
- Act as a team member in the design and implementation of the planned curriculum with review by supervisor.
- Greet children and parents warmly with professional language and tone daily, with no parent or child excluded.
- Establish clear discipline standards/classroom rules consistent with VHFLC philosophy, which once in place will ensure the health and safety of the children.
- Notify the ECE site Director when expected children do not arrive or when a child is injured.
- Coordinate snacks, lunchtimes or naps into daily activities when appropriate.
- Share responsibilities of classroom/project set up and clean up.
- Participate in parent conferences or discussions as needed.
- School-Age only – Verify attendance with a phone call, if unable to verify, then contact Main Office.
- Attend meetings.
- Complete required reports such as incident, injury or medicine dosage.
- Post all current lesson plans and parent information.
- At least one year of course work at a college or university in any of the following disciplines: early childhood education, elementary education, preschool education, child development, physical education, recreation or special education OR equivalent experience of at least two years.
- At least one year of experience working with children as a caregiver or instructor.
- Interest in obtaining further training or development as required by the center and the Child Care Division.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement during emergency/crisis situations
- Professionally dress in a manner compatible with the assigned position.
- Good oral and written communication skills necessary for curriculum development and effective interaction with parents.
- All current state regulations met or in process of completing.