Under the general direction of the Substitute Coordinator, School Age manager or ECE manager, fill in for a teacher, assist in the curriculum design and it’s implementation with the goal of developing a nurturing environment for all children where positive self-image is realized in each child.
- Responsible for the implementation of the absent teacher’s lesson plans, or under a long-term assignment, expected to design and implement lesson plans.
- Greet children and parents warmly with professional language and tone daily with no parent/child excluded.
- Establish clear discipline standards/classroom consistent with VHFLC philosophy, which, once in place, will ensure the health and safety of the children.
- Notify the ECE Site Director or School Age manager when children do not arrive or when a child is injured.
- Coordinate snacks, lunch times, or naps as appropriate into daily activities.
- Share the responsibilities of classroom and project set up and clean up.
- Complete required reports such as accident, injury, or medicine dosage.
- Complete daily attendance reports.
- Participate in periodic emergency drills as instructed.
- Participate in in-service workshops and VHFLC sponsored programs.
- Complete CCD required 15 clock hours of training annually.
- School Age Only: Verify attendance with a phone call, if unable to verify, then contact Main Office.
- At least one year of course work at a college or university in any of the following disciplines: early childhood education, elementary education, preschool education, child development, physical education, recreation or special education OR equivalent experience of at least two years.
- At least one year of experience working with children as a caregiver or instructor.
- Interest in obtaining further training or development.
- All current state regulations met or in process of completing.